New to SA?
Welcome to South Australia. We hope that you enjoy your stay here whether it be for a short holiday, a longer period of study/work, or if you are migrating here permanently. This page contains information that may make your time in South Australia more enjoyable.
Indonesian Consular Services
Consular services are available via Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Sydney.
The Honorary Consulate, Republic of Indonesia in South Australia is a part time service offering a limited set of consular services.
The Embassy of The Republic of Indonesia in Canberra.
A guide to services for migrants to South Australia, including language and legal services, are available through Multicultural SA.
Violence Against Women – information and assistance
For international students
The Study Adelaide website provides information on living and studying at universities in Adelaide, as well as English language schools , and more.
Going to Indonesia?
Are you planning to go to Indonesia? We hope the information below will be of assistance.
For travel tips and cultural information contact the Indonesian Embassy in Canberra.
For travel advisories for Australians travelling to Indonesian visit the Australian Embassy website.
Visa applications can be made through the Consular Services section of the Indonesian Embassy in Canberra. Alternatively, Visa applications can be made through the Indonesian Consulate in Sydney. NOTE: the honorary Indonesian Consulate in Adelaide does NOT process visa applications.
Indonesian Community Groups in South Australia
- Acehnese group
- Adelaide Indonesian Catholic Community – KKIA
- Adelaide Indonesian Community Facebook Group
- Adelindo Angklung Group
- Australia East Timor Friendship Association
- AIYA (Australian Indonesian Youth Association – South Australia Chapter)
- Australian-Indonesian Association of South Australia Inc. (AIASA)
- Balinese Society of SA – Banjar Dharma Acintya
- Balinese Community of South Australia
- Bataknese Association – PARBASA
- Bethel International Church (BIC) Adelaide
- El Musafir – Rebana Group
- Flinders University-Jembatan
- Flobamora (Eastern Indonesia islands) Group
- Gamelan Sekar Laras Group
- The Gameladies Gamelan Group
- GoLive Indonesia
- Indonesian Christian community at Trinity Lutheran Church, Pasadena
- Indonesian Diaspora Network – South Australia
- IndoPeduli Adelaide (Charity Group)
- INTAN (Indonesian Teachers’ Association – South Australia)
- Kawanua (North Sulawesi group)
- KIA – Islam Study Group
- Lansia (Indonesian Seniors Group)
- Markiwest (Cyclist Group)
- MIIAS (Indonesian Muslim Community)
- Mixed Couples Group/ PR group
- Network for Tsunami Aceh
- Papua Adelaide
- Parakaitte (South Sulawesi Group)
- Pelangi Nusantara Dance Group
- PPIA-SA (Indonesian Students Association-SA) has chapters at University of Adelaide, Flinders University and University of South Australia and each chapter has a facebook page.
- Sundanese Group & West Javanese Artists
Australian Indonesian Associations around Australia
- Buletin Indonesia publishes a magazine in Indonesian. It also can be picked up for free from Thuan Phat Supermarket in Central Market, Café Gembira (46 Watson Ave Rose Park) and Bakulan Grocer (594 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park SA 5041).
- Indomedia publishes a magazine in Indonesian and it’s available at selected cafes and the Central Market.
- Ozip is an Indonesian language magazine published in Melbourne.
- Radio Indonesia South Australia: broadcasting from Radio Station 5EBI on 103.1 FM from 5–6pm on Wednesdays.
- SBS Radio – check times on the website for Indonesian News and language programs.
- SBS’s Indonesian Website – check website for Indonesian news and other programs in Indonesian.